The Government has introduced a plan to ease COVID-19 restrictions in a 6-package process. Every Monday, the government will decide on the next step. Every Thursday, these steps will be approved based on the current epidemiological situation. For instance, on Monday, 26 April, the government is reopening kindergartens for all children in three selected regions.
The easement of restrictions will always be decided based on numbers of newly-infected citizens per 100 000 inhabitants per 7 days. According to the Minister of Industry and Trade, it is necessary to reach the amount of 100 infected per 100 000. At the moment, it’s 177. According to the Minister of Health, Czechs should not expect restrictions to be eased every week.
The easement will be based on the amount of infected per 100 000 per 7 days.
What is the 6-package plan?
The 6-package plan is a new system of restriction relaxations introduced by the government. Their purpose is to help Czechia return to “normal life”. The old PES system will no longer be used.
Package no. 1: phase 1 from 12 April, phase 2 from 26 April
- Stationeries and stores selling clothing and footwear for children – already eased
- Zoos and botanical gardens (in a limited regime) – already eased
- Farmer’s markets (food only) – already eased
- Exteriors of museums and expositions
Package no. 2: from 3 May (will be decided on 26 April)
- Body-care services in the 1:1 regime (under the condition of negative tests and wearing of masks/respirators). Does not apply to services that in any way pierce the skin
- Animal care services
- All shops (under strict hygienic rules) – if <100/100 000 per 7 days
- Farmer’s markets (all sortiment, under strict hygienic rules) – if <100/100 000 per 7 days
- Spas for private payers who have gone through COVID-19 (no short-term stays, international visitors will be limited)
- Galleries, museums, and other monuments – no group tours – only in regions with the incidence of <100/100 000 per 7 days
Package no. 3: if <100/100 000 per 7 days
- All services under the condition of wearing of masks/respirators and with limitations
- Weddings and funerals (increase to 30 people)
Package no. 4: if <75/100 000 per 7 days
- Theatre plays and concerts outside under strict hygienic conditions
- Castles and chateaus under strict hygienic conditions
- Beer gardens (exteriors of restaurants) under strict hygienic conditions
- Hotels and boarding houses (maximum 25% capacity with a negative COVID-19 test, strict hygienic conditions with the exclusion of night events)
- Sports outside in groups of 20 with the exclusion of interior spaces
- Sports inside in the 1:1 regime with a negative COVID-19 test
- Sports with an audience with limitations and under strict hygienic conditions
- Weddings and funerals (maximum of 30 people inside and 50 outside)
Package no. 5: if <50/100 000 per 7 days
- Pools and wellness centers with a negative COVID-19 test with limitations and under strict hygienic conditions
- Theatre plays and concerts inside with limitations and under strict hygienic conditions
- Cinemas with limitations and a negative COVID-19 test
- Interiors of restaurants with a negative COVID-19 tests, limitations, and under strict hygienic conditions
- Sports inside with a negative COVID-19 tests, limitations, and under strict hygienic conditions
- Weddings and funerals (maximum of 100 people inside and 250 outside)
Package no. 6: if <25/100 000 weekly
- The government will address the wearing of masks and respirators
The 6-package plan for restriction relaxations introduced by the government.
Anxious to keep yourself informed about the current situation in Czechia? Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter where we share all of the latest tips and news for expats in Czechia in English. You should also keep an eye on our blog in the upcoming days so you don’t miss any announcements of further restriction relaxations!