Olomouc is starting to build a system of smart traffic management at busy intersections. A coordinated move should lead to smoother transport. The new traffic management concerns multiple intersections that were very busy and in dire need of reconstruction. Besides car drivers, it’s also going to influence public transport as well.
Streets in Olomouc are under construction. (source)
The new traffic management concerns the intersections Pražská x třída Míru, Foerstrova x třída Svornosti, Foerstrova x Na Vozovce, and Albertova x Štítného. The modifications of the four intersections and their traffic lights require partial traffic restrictions. It started on Monday, August 24. During the week from Monday, August 24, construction works took place in the middle lanes and the left turn to both sides into the street třída Míru is still limited.
At the end of the same week, construction works begun in the centre of the intersection and the individual turning lanes are being gradually reduced. In the week from September 7, the existing signalling system will be switched off and dismantled, and traffic will be controlled with the assistance of Police of the CR at peak times until the launch of a new signalling system, which is scheduled for the extended weekend during the feast St. Wenceslas. There will be restrictions for pedestrian and road traffic during the construction.
Restrictions will also affect public transport, and some bus lines will use bypass routes. During the individual stages of the construction, lines no. 10, 21, 26, and 29 will run according to the exclusive timetables published at individual stops. Passengers will find all additional information on the DPMO website.
The reconstruction should help to smooth the traffic. (source)
Schedule of individual limitations:
- 24.8.2020 – 4.9.2020: partial closure of turning lanes for parking vehicles on the road I / 35 in the streets Foerstrova and Pražská – construction works in the central traffic island
- 24.8.2020 – 30.9.2020: partial closure on the road I / 35 Foerstrova street and Pražská street and on the road II // 448 třída Míru – cutting loops, a realization of extrusions, and construction of columns for traffic lights
- 26.9.2020 – 2.10.2020: complete closure of the sidewalk leading from the stop U Zlaté koule till the turn to the road I / 35 Pražská street – paving
- 7.9.2020 – 15.9.2020: complete closure of the sidewalk on třída Míru at the turn to the road I / 35 Foerstrova street – construction works regarding the sidewalk and extrusion under Čapka Choda street
- 28.8.2020 – 30.8.2020: partial closure of the roads II / 448 třída Míru (passage through the intersection from Šibenik in the direction of Topolany), NO BUS AND TRAM TRANSPORT SERVICE
- 20.8.2020 – 6.9.2020: complete closure of the sidewalk from the bus stop U Zlaté koule to the turn to the road I / 35 Pražská street – construction works regarding the sidewalk
- 8.9.2020 – 11.9.2020: partial closure of the road II / 448 třída Míru ( exit to the road I / 35 Foerstrova street) – extrusion under the road
- 4.9.2020 – 7.9.2020: partial closure of the road I / 35 Foerstrova street (exit to the road II / 448 třída Míru) – extrusion under the road
- 15.9.2020 – 20.9.2020: partial closure of street II / 448 třída Míru (the direction from Topolany straight to the city) and partial closure of street I / 35 Pražská street (left turn to the road II / 448 třída Míru), NO BUS AND TRAM TRANSPORT SERVICE – building a traffic island for pedestrians
- 31.8.2020 – 3.9.2020: partial closure of the road II / 448 třída Míru (the turn to the road I / 35 Pražská street) – extrusion under the road
Besides this useful info, Foreigners are here to help you out with any immigration issues you may encounter – from visa application to moving to your new home. You can follow our Facebook or this blog for more information soon to come!