A while ago you were lucky enough to witness my genius over the movie topic and since I’m so generous, now I’m back at it to share with you my knowledge over the most important series of the decade!!!
I think I shall start this section with some comedy. We all need it in our lives, especially when things get dark. A bit of humor never hurt anyone. On the contrary, it usually helps by freeing the mind and creating a happier environment.
Well, you know Easter is on our way and I had to acknowledge it somehow. So yeah that’s my first title, deal with it!
- Brooklyn 99. Jake Peralta, an immature, but talented N.Y.P.D. detective in Brooklyn’s 99th Precinct, comes into immediate conflict with his new commanding officer, the serious and stern Captain Ray Holt.
This one brings “Chills, literal chills!!”, as Jake would say. Brooklyn 99 is one of my latest discoveries, which turned out to be a huge obsession!!! I can’t get over their smart dialogues and the amazing development of the characters during the seasons. Moreover, the writers really pay attention to details, which brings cohesion to the outcome. Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, no doubt, no doubt, no doubt, no doubt.
- Rick and Morty, an animated series that follows the exploits of a super scientist and his not-so-bright grandson.
Rick, the absolute definition of a brilliant douchebag, and Morty, his kind of stupid grandson, are here to satirize for us with honesty the reality we live in, in an animation show that’s out of this world.
Rick’s ultimate mood
The Big Bang Theory, is about a woman who moves into an apartment across the hall from two brilliant but socially awkward physicists and shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory.
If you’re also a nerd deep inside like I am, then that’s a show made for you. Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper is everything!!!
- Friends. Follows the personal and professional lives of six twenty to thirty-something-year-old friends living in Manhattan.
Well, I’m pretty sure everyone knows “Friends”. But let’s admit that, I had to include it here! By far the best sitcom ever. I keep rewatching the episodes all the time and I’ve never been slightly bored.
Next, we have three more brilliant series that certainly do not belong to the same genre. But all of them are sci-fi and they present an alternate future or reality. So this section is dedicated to…
- Dark. A family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families.
Family ties unfold in a rather unconventional time-travel with extreme cohesion.
- Black Mirror is an anthology series exploring a twisted, high-tech multiverse where humanity’s greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide.
A well thought out series, that makes you question the reality we live in. Every episode is so intense that afterward, you need some time to process what you just saw.
- The Handmaid’s tale. Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship.
A horrifying story about a twisted theocratic society. A story not so far fetched if you ask me. The performances are excellent and bring the most out of every character.
Ok, that’s all I got for you now, but I’ll be back soon with some more recommendations!
Now you can go and read my movie list, in case you haven’t done that already.
Sources used for this article:
IMDb, for the movie summaries
@daikoumaria, for the sketch drawing