Twin sisters Eva and Hana Luskačovy are English speaking dentists in Brno. They have a clinic called Duo Smile and as they have practiced dentistry in countries like New Zealand or England, they are familiar with working with foreign nationals. These dentists don’t just treat, they also share useful information to protect your health.
As you may recall from the principal scene, they had suggested more advantageous options with standard amalgam fillings.
The sisters claim that mouth is the beginning of your respiratory and digestive tract. Therefore, the health of the oral cavity is critically important to your general health.
Did you know that gum disease (gum bleeding, swelling, sensitivity, and redness) and tooth decay is one of the most common bacterial infections?! Check out this video!
What is gum disease?
Gum disease is the inflammation of the gums that can progress to the bone that surrounds and supports your tooth. If dental floss is not used and teeth are not brushed every day, plaque can accumulate in the teeth and bacteria can infect not only the gums and teeth but also the gingival tissue and the bones supporting the teeth. This may cause the teeth to relax, fall, and be pulled out by the dentist.
How can I know if gum disease occurred?
- bleeding gums during tooth brushing
- red, swollen and sensitive gums
- easily detachable gums from teeth
- inflammatory discharge between teeth and gums
- swaying or increasingly distant teeth (the gap between the teeth or the increase of the existing range)
- change of relationships between upper and lower teeth during biting
- dissociation of the partial prosthesis
- continuous bad breath
DUO SMILE tip:
Do you want to prevent gum disease? Say no more. Luskačovy sisters present a very effective protection method for your oral care:
How to do it?
- Mix one teaspoon of salt in 125ml of almost boiling water-ideally filtered (non-chlorinated, non-chlorinated). The hot water will activate and dissolve the salt. You may add a drop of an essential oil. Shake it not stir it and your mouthwash is ready.
- Sip a bit – swish, swish, swish rigorously and spit.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a day or hourly should you have more severe inflammation.
Why salt water?
It makes pH of our mouth alkaline hence eliminates microbes.
Salt rinses are not only great when you suffer from gum bleeding. They are also beneficial as a preventive measure or when you have mouth sore or ulcer, as well as after tooth removal or tooth replacement (implant surgery).
That’s why Duo Smile 100% agrees with the Czech saying Sůl nad zlato (Salt Over Gold). Did you know this one? 🙂
Would you like to know more? Contact Duo Smile – they are happy to help because they care about the person connected to the tooth, not just the teeth 🙂
Phone: +420 720 02 02 32