Eva & Hana Luskačovy aka DUO SMILE Ultraprevention Dental Experts take care of English speaking patients in Brno for almost 2 years already. Graduated with degrees in medicine and dentistry, gained experience in London and New Zealand, these always smiling twin-doctors don’t just fix problems of people’s teeth. They give an emphasis on prevention and education.
That’s why they are coming with a new series, DUO Smile Developments in Dentistry. In the first chapter, they want to introduce publicly some healthier alternatives to standard amalgam fillings.
As the twin sisters state, every day thousands of mercury (amalgam) fillings are removed from people’s teeth all over the world.
- Metal Toxicity – Mercury is toxic! Exposure to mercury can lead to problems in the brain, heart, kidneys and digestive tract. Some studies show that mercury exposure can lead to symptoms like fatigue, irritability, poor concentration and headaches.
- Amalgam Fillings Crack Teeth – Show me a mercury filling, and I will show you one that expands and contracts just like mercury in an old-fashioned thermometer! Natural tooth structure is not built to withstand these stresses, so we often see cracks and fractures associated with mercury fillings.
- Mercury Fillings are Ugly – The last time I checked, no one was asking me for grey teeth. Everyone today is looking for a naturally white smile. Grey is not the new white.
- A Better Choice – Today we have an alternative to mercury fillings; composite fillings bond to teeth and can enhance a tooth that is compromised by cracks and fractures. Unlike mercury fillings that weaken teeth, the composite can actually enhance the strength of a tooth.
Caution: Make sure your dentist is using a rubber dam when removing amalgam fillings so that you don’t swallow the mixture of metals coming out of your teeth.
At DUO SMILE, they remove mercury fillings every day. “We have adopted the Best Management Practices (BMPs) and have installed an amalgam separator. We are interested not only in the health of our guests but in keeping Brno’s water safe and uncontaminated by mercury,” say the dentists.
Would you like to get rid of your amalgam fillings? Do you have any questions? Are you in need of a professional & kind English speaking dentist in Brno?
-> Reach Eva & Hana:
- by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- on their phone +420 720 020 232
- via their website
- via their Facebook page
The clinic is located at Pekařská 84, 3rd floor, tram stop Nemocnice U Svaté Anny, tram no 6).
Duo Smile on Brno Daily Business Listing.