#LifeInCzechia After the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the trend of remote online working, the Czech Republic has implemented a program that welcomes a group of highly skilled and top IT workers, known as digital nomads. The government responded to the demands of the job market by allowing companies to hire foreign expert freelancers and facilitating their settlement in the Czech Republic.
The program is open to citizens of:
- the Republic of Korea
- New Zealand
- the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- the United States of America
Explore the Czech Republic as a digital nomad.
A digital nomad is defined as either:
- An employee of a foreign-based company who will work remotely within the territory of the Czech Republic, using telecommunication means. In this case, the foreign worker remains under the employment contract of their foreign company and does not enter into an employment relationship within the Czech Republic.
- A freelancer or self-employed individual (in Czech: OSVČ), meaning a foreigner who currently holds or will acquire a Czech trade license.
Immediate family members of digital nomads may be included in the program. This includes spouses, registered partners, and dependent children (minor or adult) of the foreign worker or their spouse/partner if they are applying for a residence permit simultaneously.
Eligible participants accepted into the Program are guaranteed:
- the possibility of applying for a long-term visa for either business purposes (self-employed) or “other” (employee of a foreign company with the possibility of remote work) at the Czech Embassy abroad, including their immediate family members
- processing the application for a residence permit within 45 days of its submission.
“The Digital Nomad program reflects the current market situation and the demand for IT specialists. It also increases the attractiveness of the Czech Republic for professionals in this field. Previously, the options for working ‘remotely’ in the Czech Republic for a foreign client/employer were very limited. With this program, the whole process becomes easier and has clearer rules. The fact that family members can be included is an additional bonus,” says Oldřich Lang, team leader and immigration consultant at Foreigners.
If you are interested in participating in the Digital Nomad Program, we can certainly assist you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.