Long Stay Visa for the Purpose of Family Reunification in the Czech Republic

Are you a non-EU national settled in the Czech Republic and longing for your family to join you for a long-term stay? The solution comes in the shape of the long-term residence permit with the purpose of family reunification.

Photo source: Pexels

As an employee working in the Czech Republic and owning either employee card or blue card, you don’t usually pay for the services regarding your work permit. But when it comes to the visa for your spouse, parents or children, it’s pretty much you who will take care of everything.

What are the requirements for the long-stay residence permit for the purpose of family reunification?

  • both the applicant and the foreign national in possession of a long-term or permanent residence permit must be non-EU nationals;
  • the applicant must be a closest family member (a spouse, a child, a parent) of the foreign national who has the residency permit;
  • It can be issued also for a not-married partner of the foreign national – in that case, the purpose of the visa is called “others” instead of family reunification but the process is the same.
Photo source: Pexels

There are also a few points you should take into account:

  • EU nationals can’t apply for the purpose of the family reunification. They go for temporary residence permit instead.
  • There is a difference between the long-term visa which is usually issued at embassy and the long-term residence permit which is issued in the territory of the Czech Republic mostly (with a possibility to be proceed at the embassy as well if the certain conditions are met).

The legal deadline for processing a visa application is 2 months, however it also can take longer. It should also be mentioned that there’s a difference between a visa for married couples and the non-married. If a couple is married and one of spouses already has a long-term stay (not a visa), then they get a free access to the labour market. It doesn’t apply to a non-married couple, therefore the applicant doesn’t have a free access to the labour market and has to apply for a visa.

Photo source: Pexels

At the moment, our consultant deals with current couples:

  • Russian family, wife and child uniting with husband, who lives in the Czech Republic and owns a blue card.
  • Indian family, wife, child and mother uniting with husband, who owns an employee card. Family will apply for reunification at Czech Embassy in India.
  • A partner uniting with his girlfriend, who is from Russia, currently lives in the Czech Republic and owns an employee card.
  • A partner uniting with her boyfriend, who is from Serbia, currently lives in the Czech Republic and owns a blue card.
  • A wife uniting with husband, who applied for a blue card at Czech embassy in Russia.

As you can clearly see, there are pretty many situations concerning family reunification in the Czech Republic. If you experience one yourself or would like to find out more, contact our office and we will help you out.

Karyna Babkova

Hello, dear readers! I am a Ukrainian student, currently studying for a Master's degree in Masaryk University and I am deeply honoured to have a chance to share with you some important and interesting information about living in Brno. Hopefully, you will find my articles useful and entertaining xx

50 thoughts on “Long Stay Visa for the Purpose of Family Reunification in the Czech Republic

  1. Hi, I am a reasearch in Brno and my husband has applied for family visa on 4 July, since he haven’t get it. It’s been 140 days. Can you help with that?

      1. Am a student doing my masters in brno…am with a long term Visa from Nigeria…how can your organization help with family reunification visa

  2. Hello im a permanent resident in czech i want to reunite with my mother here but i read in ministry website that it should be age 65. Shes only 58. Is there any way to get her.thank you

  3. Hi, I am from Nepal I leave nepal I can go with my family in czech republice country what can I for this purpose ?

  4. Hi there!
    I’m 8yrs working here as self employed with a long term residence Visa. I used Živnostensky. Is there possible way to get my family too??? Do I qualify on this kind of Visa?

  5. Hi
    I am Indian citizen want to do work or Business in CZ. So please help me. My mail id is given below.


  6. Sahi gauidence chahiye hai apply karne ke liye iske liye ap ek form bharo jisne apni family ko India se bulana h

  7. I am Bangladeshi,I want to get residency visa for my 5 family member.can it possible.

  8. Hi I am working here in cz for 9 yrs. I just have a long term residence card. I want to reunite with my kids. Please, can it be possible??? What are the requirements needed?? Thanks in advance!

  9. I am a Bangladeshi. I want to residency visa for my four family members. Please can be possible.

  10. Sure, this is very good opportunity for those who want to settle in foreign. I have a company in India, I have many clients who want to go to Europe, so please send me the details of work and other options. earliest way to be there.

  11. I am from India, would like to know the procedure, how to get work visa or temporary residence visa.

  12. Hi, I am an Indian and have arrived at Prague recently, through family reunification visa (valid till December, 2019). Am I legally allowed to work here? ie. do I have access to the labour market in Czech Republic?

  13. Hello everyone, i am neplese , now i am in Czech, i have a employ card , i want to migrate my wife and also my little baby , what can i do ? Any one help me , plz give me so idea ?

    1. Hi. I am Ashesh living in Czech with family. If you want to reunite with your family, please feel free to contact me.

  14. Dear sir,I m a lawyer in Bangladesh.I want to work about resident and work permit Visa consult with u.if u agree call me.008801720209649 or mail me.Thanks.

  15. Dear sir,I m a lawyer in Bangladesh.I want to get some information can u connect with me?

  16. Hi I’m from Philippines and currently working here in Czech Republic, I have employee card. My partner and my little daughter is in the Philippines and I want them to migrate here in Czech Republic so that we can reunite here. Me and my partner are not yet married. Is it possible? Thank you.

  17. Hello,
    I’m interested to know immigration for czech republic. For me and my family
    I am from Pakistan.
    I’m a business man hear in Pakistan

  18. Hello…i am an indian…i am married to permanent resident of czech republic….i want to know the procedure and documents which is required for visa of mine and also documents of my husband which he needs to show…..i hope i will get quick and reliable reply…thank you

  19. Hello! I’m Shine from the Philippines. I have a child from my past relationship, and I am married now to an Italian citizen but currently living and working in Brno for almost 3 years now. I am confused of what type of visa should I get for me and my son? And is he consider a family member of an EU national even if it’s not his biological father? Hoping for your reply. Thank you

  20. Hi i m md monirul islam.how can i reunite my spouse? I am a employee card holder in czech Republi.

  21. Hello sir/madam,
    As it appear below is my personal details. I got married to Mrs pavla current sure name “Akpan”.
    But due to some circumstances for example been the only child, ageging her parent and many more. She can not be with me at the Country I m now. She only coming every 2 to 3 month’s for visiting. And this is not healthier, couple with her position in the family.
    And this situation delayed our registration for documents from the country we got married from. And at the time delayed me of traveling with her. Currently the situation of waiting is still continue. So I want to know which reunion visa can I take bcs there a lot here? To enable me visited her.?

  22. hi u am suleyman I am working in malta and I got my tr So if I want to work in czech republic WHAT would be the procuder can u explain me and can I apply dependent visa for my family? if so how long it will take? hope for ur good solution thanks

  23. What about Non-EU national (American) with a student visa. Student visa is long term stay yes? My spouse is also non-eu National, i will begin my studies at the Medical University in Brno and would like to bring my spouse with me. Can a long term stay visa and work permit be granted to my spouse based on my student visa?

    1. Hello Courtney,

      thank you very much for reaching out to us! Since your question is very specific, I recommend you send an email to brno@foreigners.cz – my colleagues will contact you with more details as soon as possible 🙂

      Kind regards,


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *