Long-Term Visa Types

If you’ve decided to relocate to the Czech Republic and you are planning to apply for a Czech visa, it’s better to be aware of the immigration process. This article will bring you information on different types of visas and required documents.

General required documents for a long-term visa are:

  • A travel document (ID, Passport) 
  • Application form
  • 2 Photographs
  • Health insurance
  • A document confirming the purpose of the stay: (confirmation from school/university, employment contract, business agreement)
  • Proof of accommodation
  • A document confirming your sufficient financial resources for the stay in the Czech Republic

All required documents shall not be older than 180 days except for your passport and should be officially translated into Czech language. For more detailed information please visit www.mvcr.cz


coatofarmsDepending on the purpose of your travel to the Czech Republic, there are different types of visas that applies to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside here permanently, you will have to apply for a different type of visa, accordingly.


Purpose “Studies”

This type of long-term visa is suitable for students (mostly university students) applying for schools (universities) accredited by The Czech Ministry of Education. A long-term visa for the purpose of studies is issued for a period that is demonstrated with the confirmation of studies, however, not longer than 1 year.


Purpose “Business”

This type of a long-term visa is suitable for people using a trade license, or business owners using s.r.o. (Limited) companies. As an owner or managing director of the company, you can qualify for a long-term business visa.  The long-term visa (or residence card) is initially issued for 6 months, and then it is renewed once in the year after the prolonged stay. The s.r.o. (like Limited Liability Company) is the most popular company structure owned by one person or partners, and the most popular among foreigners.


Purpose “Family Reunification”

Family reunification is a recognized reason for immigration in many countries because of the presence of one or more family members in a certain country, therefore, enables the rest of the family to immigrate to that country as well. For more detailed information please visit www.mvcr.cz.


Employee card

An employee card is issued specifically for those third-country nationals who are employed in the Czech Republic. An employee card is a new type of a long-term residence permit and it replaces the visa for a stay of over 90 days for the purpose of employment, a long-term residence permit for the purpose of employment and a Green Card. An employee card is the most often issued for the duration of the employer-employee relationship but not for more than 2 years, with an option to repeatedly extend its validity. You can find more information at www.mvcr.cz


If you already have a purpose of stay in the Czech Republic but you are still confused and not sure about what to do, make sure to check Visa Arrangement section on our website and shoot us an email! Our team will be happy to help you with preparing all the documents needed including translations & legalization and guide you through the whole immigration process procedure.


9 thoughts on “Long-Term Visa Types

  1. The visa information provided here does not cover my interest in retirement in the Czech Republic.

    I am already retired with sufficient pension funds to cover my expenses.

    Any information about this matter will be most helpful.

    Thank you,

    Jeff Collins

  2. Dears,

    I have s.r.o. in CZ. And We(I, My wife and my son) have long-term visa(employ card). My wife and My son have 2 years visa(end date 01.01.2018), but I have only 1 year visa (end date 31.08.2017). Than I have to apply again some months later. My purpose is permanent resident in CZ. Than I’d like to know how do I next procedure , cost and so on. Regards,

  3. Dear Sir,
    Me and my wife came to USA from India in Jun 2017 and we wanted to shift to CZech republic for my wife’s postdoctoral reserch. We have just completed 6months in December in USA. So do we need to get crime record certificate from India or from USA?

  4. Hi goodmorning..i want to apply a permanent visa in the czech republic.i work here for morethan 8years.can you please helf me

  5. Hi ,
    I’m from India and we are 5 person looking for work permits if you can help in this then please let me know.

  6. Hello dear
    I’m Nitesh Kumar from India I am interested in your proposal permanently residence in Czech please say how can apply to Czech country citizenship Visa. Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *