#LifeInCzechia Do you often use public transport in Pilsen and the Pilsen region? Make your life easier with the Pilsen card! You can easily pay for tickets in public transport vehicles and even for services outside of public transport. Besides the obvious, you get discounts in the Bonus program (e.g. the Pilsen ZOO, Pilsner Urquel brewery, and more) and have an electronic overview of all completed transactions. Learn more about it in this article!
Where Can I Get a Pilsen Card?
There are two main PMDP customer service centers in Pilsen – Denisovo nábřeží 12 or Klatovská 12. Doesn’t matter which one you choose! There are many helpful people in both branches.
What Documents To Bring?
In order to apply for a Pilsen Card, you’ll need the following documents:
- application form (Czech version only) – download here
- signed copy of the General Commercial Terms and Conditions (Czech version only) – download here
- your passport or EU ID
- your residence permit
- a 35 x 45 mm passport photograph (you can also obtain an electronic photo on the spot for 25 CZK)
- evidence of entitlement to reduced-price tickets where applicable (e.g. student or senior discount)
The customer service centers can issue a Pilsen card in the following time horizons and prices:
- within 10 days (standard service) for 200 CZK
- within 48 hours (express service) for 400 CZK
- on the spot for 500 CZK
Who is Eligible for a Discounted Fare?
The following people are entitled to reduced-price individual tickets:
- children aged 6 to 15 years (37,5%)
- pupils and students under 26 years of age (50%)
- citizens of the Czech Republic under 70 years of age and people with permanent residency in the Czech Republic under 70 years of age who are drawing an old-age pension or a disability pension for 3rd-degree invalidity (50%)
You can top up your prepaid travel passes and e-money on your Pilsen Card at:
Using the Pilsen Card Bonus Program is really simple!
- COME: You will come to the contractual partner
- SHOW: You show the Pilsen card
- SAVE: You pay less, you get benefits
You can see all the partners or the Pilsen Card Bonus program here.
For more information on transport, read our article on Pilsen public transport, and learn more about our services regarding assistance (e.g. for setting up a Pilsen Card or else) and airport transport.
Also, do you want to follow more news from Pilsen? Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get a monthly email with info around your city in your inbox!
Photo Sources: pmdp.cz
Article Sources: pmdp.cz, plzenskakarta.cz
4 thoughts on “Pilsen Card: Easy Way to Travel in and around Pilsen”
under 70 years of age?
How about older than 70?
If I’m not mistaken, people over 70 can ride for free in Pilsen. 🙂
You just need to carry your ID to prove your age to the inspector.
Have a Thoroughly, Tantalizing, Triumphant, Tremendous, Totally, Top-Notch Tuesday Tereza.
This is my wordsmith of the day!
You too, Dwight! 🙂