Currently, with the Czech Republic being in the state of emergency due to the coronavirus pandemic, only expats with valid residence permits can cross the borders and return to the country where they may have families, jobs, homes. If you meet the conditions of holding the permanent residency status in the Czech Republic but you don’t have it yet we strongly recommend submitting your application.
The permanent residency gives both EU and non-EU nationals an authorization to live and work in the Czech Republic on a permanent basis. When does it come in handy?
- you are tired of prolonging your temporary residency or long-term visa over and over and over and you want to avoid the risk that it won’t be renewed for some reason
- you have been settled down in the Czech Republic or planning to do so
- you can apply for a loan or mortgage at the bank to buy property
- it gives you free entry to the Czech labor market
- you will be entitled to social support in hard-life situations
- it will secure you the possibility to come back to the country if there is a similar emergency situation in the future and borders are closed for anyone besides Czech citizens and residency holders
After 5 years of continuous residence
You need to prove a 5-year legal continuous stay in the Czech Republic to be granted permanent residency status. Read more about the requirements here.
You can apply for the permanent residency certificate now while being in the Czech Republic to be safe whatever happens next. We will gladly help you with all the paperwork with no need to meet you in person. Sounds good? Fill in the form on our website or simply contact us via phone or email. We work online during the nation-wide quarantine period.