If you aren’t covered by public health insurance, you need to purchase comprehensive health insurance from a commercial insurance company. According to the new version of the Czech immigration law, you can only buy this insurance from the PVZP from 2 August 2021. If you don’t want the PVZP insurance, you can still get insured with Slavia for cheaper if you close your contract by 1 August 2021.
Insurance bought from Slavia by 1 August can be used to apply for a residence permit.
Changes in the law
As we already informed you, there is a new version of the Czech immigration law. A section of it states that all expats staying in Czechia for over 90 days who aren’t covered by public health insurance need to purchase their foreigners’ comprehensive health insurance from the PVZP insurance company. This new decision is valid from 2 August 2021 (including).
According to the Ministry of the Interior, you can still buy comprehensive health insurance for foreigners somewhere else before this date and it will still be valid after 2 August. Buy your comprehensive health insurance From Slavia now and save money!
Will the MOI accept my non-PVZP insurance?
Yes! If you sign your comprehensive health insurance contract before the deadline (by 1 August 2021), the Czech Ministry of the Interior will accept this contract when you apply for a residence permit.
Are you applying for a residence permit this summer? According to the MOI, when it comes to health insurance, all you need to present from 2 August is one of the following:
- comprehensive health insurance contract with the PVZP (signed any time)
- comprehensive health insurance contract with another insurance company signed on 1 August 2021 latest
In some cases you may also need to present your travel health insurance for the first 90 days of your stay (basic medical insurance) along with your comprehensive health insurance contract purchased from the PVZP.
Get your health insurance through our office!
The extent of its coverage is comparable with public health insurance in the Czech Republic.
You can count on:
- emergency and urgent care
- follow-ups and planned health care
- dental – necessary and urgent care
- hospital and diagnostic care
- post-injury and post-operative rehabilitation
Slavia also currently covers the cost of your COVID-19 vaccination via reimbursements.
How can I get it?
The process is easy as a pie:
- contact us with your request to arrange your comprehensive health insurance
- submit an online form with the details of your planned insurance
- come to the office to pick up the contract or ask us to send it abroad by express delivery
Photo source: Olya Kobruseva, Pexels.com